Gerald R Ford Amphitheater Rules
The Gerald R Ford Amphitheater prides itself on being a safe and relaxing place to enjoy a live concert/event. So please make yourself aware of the following rules before attending to ensure that fellow fans are not disrupted during the performance.
To make the most out of your visit to Gerald R Ford Amp, the venue has created the following set of policies and rules. Please take the time to read and understand these rules. Failure to abide by them may result in expulsion without refund or being banned. If you have any questions about these rules then please call the venue staff at 970.845.8497.
Alcohol purchases are only to be made to persons of age 21 or older. Alcoholic beverages are only for adults legally able to purchase them.
- All bags are subject to search
- No oversized bags will be allowed (for example: duffle bags, large backpacking bags, suitcases)
The Gerald R Ford Amp stage and pavilion seating sections have a large roof protecting it from adverse weather. The Vail Valley is famous for afternoon and evening hit-and-run rain showers. Weather is generally not a factor for most shows. You might want to check weather forecasts prior to attending a show at the venue..
The following items are allowed to be brought to the venue.
- Guests are allowed to bring food into the venue so long as it is done within venue bag policies
- Personal sized coolers
- No larger than 18qt.
- Please be prepared to show all items stored.
- Empty Water bottles
- Non-alcoholic, commercially-sealed beverages
- Blankets or Tarps (No larger than 5’x7′)
- Short-legged chairs to sit on the lawn (EX: Crazy Creek or REI Trail Chair) – chairs can be no more than 5 inches off the ground.
Limited stroller parking is available along the wall adjacent to the main restrooms. You will not be able to take your stroller to your seat. The Amp is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
If you ride your bike, there is a small public bike rack located across from the box office near the creek. Bike Valet may be available.
Gates to the venue open one hour prior to showtime unless otherwise printed on your ticket.
The following items are not allowed within the venue. Please leave these items at home. Violators are subject to removal from the event and items are subject to confiscation. Persons entering the venue may be subject to a search
- Any Bag not meeting the Bag Policy
- No oversized bags. Scroll down to see more information about our bag policy.
- Lawn Chairs with legs taller than 5 inches (you should not be able to roll a softball under the chair). SEE EXAMPLES HERE.
- Blankets or Tarps larger than 5’x7′
- Weapons of any kind including but not limited to: firearms (with or without permit), knives, pepper spray
- Smoking of any kind (including e-cigarettes and vape pens)
- Alcohol/Illegal drugs
- Pets/Animals (except for service animals as defined by the ADA)
- Flags or Totems (self-crafted, decorated sticks or poles, or anything else that might block someone’s view)
- Hula Hoops
- Laser Pens/Pointers
- Glitter/Confetti/Spray Paint/Silly String
- Bullhorns or noisemaking devices (e.g. Air Horns, Drums, Whistles)
- Bicycles, Skateboards, Scooters, In-Line Skates, or personal motorized vehicles, unless it is an ADA approved device
- Full Facial Coverings (e.g. Halloween Masks or Full Face Ski Masks)
- Drones or UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) or any other remote-controlled flying devices
- Professional cameras or recording devices
- Any other item deemed as inappropriate by management
Gerald R Ford Amphitheater enforces a no-video/audio capture policy at major events*. Professionals who wish to capture still imagery, videography, or audio must apply for a credential HERE. *Spectators attending a graduation ceremony are welcome to bring recording devices and cameras of any kind.
All ticket sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.